SpaGuard Calcium Hardness Increaser 12 oz
Low levels of calcium assist in spa surface and equipment deterioration, SpaGuard Calcium Hardness Increaser raises calcium levels to the recommended range of calcium in the water 200 - 1,000 ppm. SpaGuard's Calcium Hardness Increaser enables spa owners to increase their calcium hardness with this easy to use granular formula, which will boost your calcium hardness to above the danger zone, where low levels cause extensive corrosion of plumbing, jets, fixtures, and tub surfaces.
- 1 tbs. per 100 gallons increases calcium hardness by 25 ppm
- Prevents corrosion of equipment due to low calcium hardness
- Prevents etching of plaster due to low calcium hardness
Measurement and Dosing:
Use all level measurements. 3 teaspoons=1 tablespoon, 2 cap-fulls= 1 tablespoon, 1/4 cup= 4 tablespoons, see chart below for proper dosing
Directions for Use:
- Use an accurate test method to determine calcium hardness of water.
- Using the chart below and total calcium test results determine the required amount of SpaGuard Calcium Hardness Increaser needed to adjust the calcium to maintain a reading of 100-200 ppm*.
- With the pump running on high speed, sprinkle the required amount of SpaGuard Calcium Hardness Increaser into the spa water and continue running the pump for 30 minutes. Do not pre-dissolve this treatment as heat is generated when it contacts water.
- When using SpaGuard Calcium Hardness Increaser, measure carefully. Inaccurate measuring could result in a calcium hardness level other than desired.
Amount of SpaGuard Calcium Hardness Increaser needed to raise calcium by:
|Spa Capacity (gal)||25 ppm||50 ppm||60 ppm||100 ppm|
|100||1 Tbsp||2 Tbsp||2 Tbsp + 1 Tsp||4 Tbsp|
|150||1.5 Tbsp||3 Tbsp||3 Tbsp + 1 Tsp||6 Tbsp|
|250||2.5 Tbsp||5 Tbsp||6 Tbsp||10 Tbsp|
|400||4 Tbsp||8 Tbsp||9 Tbsp + 1 Tsp||16 Tbsp|
|500||5 Tbsp||10 Tbsp||12 Tbsp||20 Tbsp|
When you use SpaGuard products, you are enlisting a group of individuals whose expertise is unsurpassed in the spa and pool industry; whose dedication and purpose is making your spa or pool the most enjoyable and trouble-free experience that you and your family will ever have.
Calcium Chloride: 75-97% Sodium Chloride: 1-2% Potassium Chloride: 2-3%