SpaGuard Spa Shock (Buffered non-chlorine) 7 lbs
When people use spas, they leave undesirable compounds like body oil, perspiration and cosmetics that can irritate skin, burn eyes and create odors. Oxidizing, also known as shocking the water, removes these compounds and restores water clarity and comfort. An oxidizer should be used weekly in most residential spas and more frequently in heavily-used or commercial spas. SpaGuard's Spa Shock enables spa owners to use a non-chlorine based shock treatment that stabilizes your spas pH level to prevent any bounce as well as producing crystal clarity to your water by removing any microscopic organic contaminants missed by the filtering system. Spa Shock's formula does not replace sanitizers or algaecides.
- Quick dissolving shock treatment.
- Destroys organic contaminants
- Non-chlorine oxidizer that does not raise chlorine residual
- Easy-to-use, quick-dissolving shock treatment
- Treat and soak in as soon as 15 minutes*
- Can be used with chlorinated or brominated spas
*15 minutes is only recommended as long as the free chlorine or bromine does not exceed label recommendation.
Measurement and Dosing:
2 tablespoons = 1 ounce
Use this product at the rate of 2 ounces per 300 gallons of water
Use at the rate of 1 ounce per 300 gallons every week. When the spa is subjected to heavy use, the treatment (1 oz per 300 gal) should be made twice weekly.
Spa Maintenance Tips:
- Test spa water a minimum once a week
- Keep water pH between 7.2-7.6
- Keep total alkalinity at 100-150ppm and calcium hardness at 150-/300ppm
- Refill residential spas and hot tubs every 60 days, heavy use commercial spas every 4 days, and normal use commercial spas every 8 days
- Clean and backwash filter with SpaGuard Filter Cleaner & Degreaser a minimum of every 60 days
- At refill time, clean spa surfaces with Off the Wall Surface Cleaner
When you use SpaGuard products, you are enlisting a group of individuals whose expertise is unsurpassed in the spa and pool industry; whose dedication and purpose is making your spa or pool the most enjoyable and trouble-free experience that you and your family will ever have.