SpaGuard Spa Sentry 32 oz
Spa Sentry is the easiest way to control pH for clear, stable water. pH is the most critical factor because it changing rapidly when bathers, products or other elements enter the water. Spa Guard Spa Sentry is an easy, one step liquid for maintaining a stable, comfortable pH and softening your spa's water. It makes balancing the water extremely simple, eliminating the need for many other water balancing treatments you may currently be using.
Controlling the pH of your spa's water is an important part of maintenance. Spa Sentry only establishes proper pH, but prevents pH from "drifting" so your spa and its equipment are protected. At the same time, it softens the water by removing dissolved calcium, for a cleaner, more comfortable spa. Spa Sentry enhances water clarity and helps prevent stains from dissolved metals in fill water. The result is a spa that is easier to maintain and enjoy.
- Introduces a buffering compound, making pH easier to keep in balance
- One easy step
- Controls pH for up to two full months
Measurement and Dosing:
One quart (one bottle) per 300-500 gallons
Directions for Use:
- First, drain and clean the spa's surfaces with Off the Wall Surface Cleaner and clean the filter with Spa Guard Filter Cleaner Spray.
- Refill your spa with fresh water
IMPORTANT: THE HEATER SHOULD BE OFF BEFORE THE ADDITION OF SPA SENTRY. THE HEATER SHOULD REMAIN OFF UNTIL ALL CLOUDINESS HAS BEEN CLEARED BY FILTRATION. ALL ADDITIONS OF THIS PRODUCT SHOULD BE MADE WITH THE SPA WATER CIRCULATING.
- If your fill water has calcium hardness less than 150 ppm (195 ppm total hardness) add 1 quart (1 bottle) of Spa Sentry per 300-500 gallons. If dissolved calcium is present, the water softening action of Spa Sentry will precipitate the calcium, allowing your filter to remove it. The water may cloud when the product is added, indicating tat Spa Sentry is working to remove to excess calcium. If clouding occurs, circulate the spa for 24 hours. The remove cartridge filters and rinse away excess calcium with strong steam of water. Backwash sand and D.E. filters.
- If your water has calcium hardness greater than 150 ppm (195 ppm total hardness), a total of 2 quarts of Spa Sentry will be needed for each 300-500 gallons of water. Add the first quart of Spa Sentry and circulate the spa water through the filtration system for 24 hours (use high speed if 2 speed pump). Clean the filters (rinse filter cartridges or backwash sand or D.E. filters). Add the second quart of Spa Sentry and circulate the spa water through the filtration system for 24 hours. Clean filter again.
- If you fill water has calcium hardness greater than 300 ppm (390 ppm total hardness) please consult your BioGuard dealer before using this product.
If pH of fill water is 7.6 or higher and total alkalinity exceeds 150 ppm, it will be necessary to add sufficient Spa Guard pH decreaser the reduce the pH to 7.4. This water balance adjustment is only necessary when pH and total Alk are both high.
This treatment establishes a table pH range of 7.2-7.8. Weekly testing of pH is recommended. Should pH begin to drop, add 1 quart of Spa Sentry per 300-500 gal of water. If spa is not drained and reflled within 60 days, add 1 quart of Spa Sentry after 60 days.
When you use SpaGuard products, you are enlisting a group of individuals whose expertise is unsurpassed in the spa and pool industry; whose dedication and purpose is making your spa or pool the most enjoyable and trouble-free experience that you and your family will ever have.
Please Note: Spa Sentry should never be used in spas with plaster finishes or grouting and tile that contains calcium or with spas using Soft Soak®.