SpaGuard Brominating Tablets 1.5 lbs
Spa Guard Brominating Tablets remain effective in a wider range of pH levels (7.0 - 8.4) than chlorine (7.4 - 7.8), and therefore, it can better protect your water from bacteria and viruses. Also, bromine in itself is a strong sanitizer. At a high pH level of 7.8, only about 25% of chlorine is active, but bromine remains efficient. And its byproducts, bromamines (a combined substance), produce their own sanitizing action, making bromine an even more powerful bacteria and virus killer. Add to that, that bromine already in your water can be reactivated using potassium monopersulfate (MPS or Spa Shock) after it has killed the bacteria. Reactivated bromine means less chemical use and bigger cost savings for you in the long run.
Aimed at commercial spas and spas with large numbers of bathers, this tablet is acidic and will lower spa pH levels, so constant monitoring is necessary for optimal spa health. Brominating Tablets are designed for use with brominators/floating dispensers.
Bacteria thrive in hot water. To keep spa water protected all of the time, a residual sanitizer is needed even if the spa is equipped with an ozone system.
- Organic brominating compound (BCDMH) in compressed 1-inch tablets
- Dissolve slowly and protect continuously
- Ideal for heavy bather loads and commercial spas
- Apply in a brominator or in a SpaGuard floating dispenser
- Ensure all spa and tub equipment is working properly.
- Backwash or clean the filter system following manufacturers directions.
- Adjust pH to between 7.2-7.6.
- When using other products as outline in the directions for this product, always follow directions on those products.
- Spas should be drained and cleaned at least every 60 days or whenever water becomes difficult to manage or keep clear.
- Both oils, salts and lotions should not be used unless specifically formulated for use in spas and hot tubs as they can lead to cloudy water.
- When using other products as outlined in directions for this product, always follow directions on that product.
- Fill spa bromine feeder with this product and adjust feeder following manufacturers directions to yield bromine residual between 2-4 ppm in residential spas and 4-6 ppm in commercial spas.
- Check feeder regularly and add additional product as needed to maintain the bromine residual.
- The pump and filter should be operated for at least 3 hours every day whether the spa is used or not.
- Do not heat water above spa manufacturers recommended maximum temperature.
- Keep the spa free of leaves and other debris.
- To maintain clear, clean water and insure the performance of your spa chemicals, spas should be drained and refilled with fresh water every 60 days in residential spas or a minimum of every 7 days in commercial spas.
1-Bromo-3-Chloro-5,5-Dimethylhydantoin: 96%, Other Ingredients: 4%
When you use SpaGuard products, you are enlisting a group of individuals whose expertise is unsurpassed in the spa and pool industry; whose dedication and purpose is making your spa or pool the most enjoyable and trouble-free experience that you and your family will ever have.