SpaGuard Stain & Scale Control 32 oz
Stain and Scale Control enable spa owners to prevent and remove stains caused by iron, copper and manganese, as well as scaling caused by a high level of calcium.
- Prevents scale formation and cloudy water due to high calcium levels.
- Removes some scale buildup on spa surface, preventing damage to surfaces and circulation systems
- Removes relatively fresh metal stains from spa surfaces.
When you use SpaGuard products, you are enlisting a group of individuals whose expertise is unsurpassed in the spa and pool industry; whose dedication and purpose is making your spa or pool the most enjoyable and trouble-free experience that you and your family will ever have.
Measuring and Dosing:
Use 1oz per 300 gallons; 1 fl oz=2 tablespoons; 4 cap-fulls per 300 gallons
To Prevent Stains and Scaling or for Removal of Fresh Stains and Scale
- Clean filter according to label directions for your type of filter using SpaGuard Filter Cleaner & Degreaser.
- Pour entire dosage directly into the spa water with the pump operating. Keep pump operating for at least 2 hours.
- Some existing stains may be removed by brushing stain with a spa brush after application of Stain & Scale Control.
- Weekly application of 1 oz. per 300 gallons is recommended to prevent scale and stains.
- Clean filter with SpaGuard Filter Cleaner & Degreaser at least every 60 days.
Spa Maintenance Tips:
- Test spa water a minimum once a week
- Keep water pH between 7.2-7.6
- Keep total alkalinity at 100-150ppm and calcium hardness at 150-/300ppm
- Refill residential spas and hot tubs every 60 days, heavy use commercial spas every 4 days, and normal use commercial spas every 8 days
- Clean and backwash filter with SpaGuard Filter Cleaner & Degreaser a minimum of every 60 days
- At refill time, clean spa surfaces with Off the Wall Surface Cleaner