Sirona® Chlorinating Granules 2lb
CLICK HERE TO OPEN THE SIRONA SPA CARE GUIDE FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS/INFORMATION.
The Sirona Spa Care Chlorinating Granules is an efficient chlorine sanitizer that will rid the water of unpleasant odors, contaminants, and algae. This sanitizer will not leave behind any residues and will completely dissolve rapidly in the spa. Use this chlorine granular to help maintain a safe level of 2 to 3 ppm of available chlorine in residential spas.
- Specifically formulated for spas & hot tubs
- Concentrated chlorine effectively sanitizes hot water
- May also be used as a shock treatment
Add 1/2 ounce of this product per 500 gallons of water prior to entering the spa.
Add 1 oz of this product for every 500 gallons of water.
Re-entry into treated spas/hot tubs is prohibited above levels off 5 parts per million (ppm) free residual chlorine. Read all precautionary statements before use. Use only a clean, dry lid, to measure this product. Do not use the lid for any other purpose.
- 1. Chlorinate: Add 1/2 ounce of this product per 500 gallons of water prior to entering the spa. Wait 5 minutes and then check the residual chlorine. The chlorine residual must read between 2 to 3 ppm. If it does not, additional dosages of material should be added until it does. Once the chlorine residual is established in the 2 to 3 ppm range, the spa or hot tub may be entered.
- 2. Maintain: This product should be added daily or as necessary to maintain a 2 to 3 ppm residual chlorine reading. Frequent checks should be made of residual chlorine using a reliable test kit. This product should be broadcasted over the surface of the water and allowed at least 5 minutes mix time before testing. Note: Heavy bather usage or the use of oils or lotion may increase the chlorine demand of the spa or hot tub resulting in the need for more frequent checks of residual chlorine.
- 3. Check pH: The pH should be monitored with a reliable test kit and maintained in the 7.2 to 7.8 range for clean, sparkling water. The pH can be decreased by adding a suitable agent such as Sirona Spa Care Sodium Bisulfate or increased by adding a suitable agent such as Sirona Spa Care Sodium Bicarbonate.
- 4. Super-chlorination: It is a good practice to super-chlorinate every 2 to 4 weeks to control odors and algae. To super-chlorinate, add 1 oz of this product for every 500 gallons of water. Resume program when chlorine residual reads 2 to 3 ppm.
Sodium Dichloro-s-Triazinetrione Dihydrate: 99%
Other Ingredients: 1%