The @Ease products with SmartChlor™ Technology do not test the same way as di-chlor, it is recommended using only @ease™ Test Strips that are user tested for clarity and ease. (30 strips per bottle)
With @ease™ Test Strips...
- One color match designates an OUT indicator. When lighter than this color, replace the SmartChlor™ Cartridge.
- Since the free chlorine remains consistently at 0.5 - 1.0 ppm there is no need to test for it.
- @ease™ Test Strips also test for pH, Total Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness
- If using any other test strip, keep in mind the following:
1) LIKE ALL OTHER HOT TUBS, WATER SHOULD BE BALANCED PROPERLY.
- pH should be 7.2 to 7.8
- Total Alkalinity should be 80 to 120
- Calcium Hardness should be 150 to 250
2) TOTAL CHLORINE WILL ALWAYS BE HIGHER THAN FREE CHLORINE UNTIL THE
CARTRIDGE IS EMPTY.
- SmartChlor™ Technology has a chlorine reserve that reads as total chlorine
- This reserve starts out higher than normal hot tub chlorine levels and slowly depletes over the 3-4 week life of the cartridge
3) THE FREE CHLORINE READING MAINTAINS AN EQUILIBRIUM STATE OF 0.5 TO 1.0 PPM.
- As long as the water is balanced, an @ease Mineral Cartridge is being used (not longer than 4 months) and the @ease™ SmartChlor™ Cartridge is not empty, the free chlorine level will stay consistently within 0.5 - 1.0 ppm.
- The reserve is continuously converting to free chlorine to meet the hot tub demand.