poolife pods™ Alkalinity Plus 4lbs
TIPS AND NOTES ON APPLICATION OF POOLIFE® POD PRODUCTS
- The callout on the label fronts that “one pod treats 5,000 gallons” refers to the unit dosing concept. For chemicals that are measured in parts per million (ppm), dosing is based on the general rule of thumb of adding one pound (16 oz) per 10,000 gallons. Because the pods are 8 oz (one half pound), the dosing is based on 5,000 gallons.
- pH is not measured in ppm so adding one 8 oz pod of pH Plus is designed to cause a change a pH increase of about 0.4 pH units in 5,000 gallons. However, the existing water chemistry of each pool can have a significant effect on the actual change produced by the addition of pH or alkalinity balancers. Therefore it is important to retest the water several hours after making pH and/or total alkalinity adjustments.
- It is always wise to remove other pool chemicals, or any debris or foreign matter when adding any chemical, including the pods, through the skimmer. Further note that the Stabilizer & Conditioner pods should only be added through the skimmer.
- When using the skimmer to add the pods, only add one at a time. Be sure the water is circulating through the skimmer when adding the pods. When that pod has completely dissolved, add another if needed with no wait time in between.
- When adding pods directly to the pool do not add all the pods in one place. As the labels direct, be sure the water is circulating, and distribute the pods around the deep end of the pool. Always brush to disperse any undissolved chemical to ensure that it dissolves. Note that in keeping with proper safety practices the pods should only be added to the pool when there are no swimmers in the water.
- The following video covers the addition of the pods. You will find a video on each product. The videos show how the Alkalinity Up, Calcium Plus, and pH Plus® pods behave when placed in the pool. You will note there is some variation in dissolving rate, and the importance of brushing to disperse the product. The video for the Stabilizer & Conditioner pod shows it being correctly added to the skimmer.